Spring/Summer 2017: May 14 - June 12, 2017
During the cousre of the program, students will learn:
- To integrate the active experience of Italian culture with the study of Italian theatre and Shakespearean plays based in Italy.
- To develop a "survival vocabulary" of beginner Italian language.
- To broaden the student's understanding of Shakespeare from a performer's point of view.
- To examine the historical and cultural importance of Commedia dell'Arte in today's performance arena.
- To deepen the ability to incorporate personal research, thought and creative impulse into improvisational and devised scenarios.
- To expand the student's global experience in life and art in the interest of increasing artistic potential and capability in whatever career path the student chooses.