Our office offers passport photos for your convenience. Although you can have them taken elsewhere, in the past, we have had students who paid more for "official" photos that were not high enough quality and had to have them retaken. We offer two high quality photos that meet the US Department of State regulations for $14.95. Please call ahead for an appointment in order to guarantee prompt service, usually an appointment can be made for the same day if enough notice is given. Call our office at (313) 577 - 3207 and speak with the front office staff in order to make an appointment. We do not accept appointments that arrive 15 minutes or later, after scheduled appointment.
***Please note, if you are a participant going on any WSU-Sponsored Study Abroad Program, the cost of one set of passport photos/visa photos is included in the cost of your program. You will not have to pay additional fees.***
You are required to pay using the Study Abroad CashNet payment system before coming to our office to get the pictures taken. Each set of passport photos includes 2 photos and costs $14.95. Make sure to adjust your cost in the payment system if ordering multiple sets of photographs.
US Department of State regulations specify that the photos must be:
• In color
• 2 x 2 inches in size
• Taken within the past 6 months, showing current appearance
• Full face, front view with a plain white or off-white background
• Between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
• Taken in normal street attire:
- Uniforms should not be worn in photographs except religious attire that is
- Do not wear a hat or headgear that obscures the hair or hairline
- If you normally wear prescription glasses, a hearing device, wig or similar articles, they should be worn for your picture
- Dark glasses or nonprescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable
unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required)
Quality Requirements for US Passport Photos